Saturday, November 17, 2007

From one billionaire to another....

Someone leaked to the WSJ about my main man Warren "The King of Schwing" Buffett advising me to cut out Scotty B and get in touch with the Yanks through some guys we know at a little place known as Goldman Sachs. I'm not a fan of leaks, especially when they are about me, but by now all of you know that Scotty B isn't my favorite person on this planet (or any other). Wily Warren and I chat frequently about investing strategies, he's talked me out of investing in industries that I know well - pharmaceuticals, genomics / human performance science - and into things that appeal to most common Americans. Not knowing any common Americans I had to watch the film Supersize Me to get a handle on what 'real people' are like.

Pretty nasty stuff if you ask me though it did remind me of Mo Vaughn - man, that guy could hit (and eat)! Here is a personal favorite shot of Mo and Rocket going at it on the mound. They didn't even realize other guys were around to watch them, I guess a little bi-curiosity gone astray. Enough said on the topic, all this talk of Mo Vaughn is making me hungry. Time to make a run for the border...

No comments: