Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An opening salvo from Fake A-rod

Welcome to my blog. Cynthia tells me that I need to work on polishing my image and relating to all of you, the fans (BTW, why are you called "fans"? I have a ceiling fan in my 25,000 square foot Manhattan quad-plex but it doesn't show up at baseball games). Some of you may be upset that I opted out of my record-breaking quarter-billion dollar contract with the Yankees thinking I could get more money but you have to keep in mind that Scotty Boras (who could never pass for a professional athlete and knows surprisingly little about sports) promised me that he would show me the money. I once knew a football player who used this agent, Jerry Maguire was his name, who got a big contract. I tried to use Google to find this super-agent but just kept finding references to some Renee Zellewegger (sp?) chick-flick so gave up and went with fast-talking Scotty B. He's a persuasive little rascal but I've come to realize that he can't be trusted, probably not a surprise to all you ceiling fans out there in the blogosphere.

So what to do now? Go crawling back to the Yankees ? or try to build up my Hall of Fame resume with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who come highly recommended by my off-season workout partner Jose Canseco? If only the Yankees would see the folly of trying to pay me less than $300 million we could get a deal done fairly quickly. Yes, I understand that it is a lot of money but it is a lot less than the Google guys have and can either of them hit a 99mph slider? Okay, if it's October I can't hit it either but since the Mr. October moniker is already taken I'm trying to go for Mr. April. The spring is a nice time of year though sometimes it's still quite cold in New York City. Maybe if the Yankees could do something about that as well it would be nice [scrawls note to self, tell Scotty B to include a heater for my locker in my next contract, A-Rod doesn't like to get chilly].

Okay, that's enough musings for now. Thanks for reading and I'll keep you in the loop as my contract talks progress. Man, it would suck to have to play in the NL...

No comments: